Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Thursday, February 28, 2008

Standing Firm in the Truth!

Oh how I wish to always be here....standing firm in the truth and promises of God. And oh how the enemy is so "diligent" in pushing me in to a different direction.

Last evening, we received a disturbing email in regards to Mixco Civil Registry. I am not going to speak the specifics, I will not give any credit to the enemy who has none to get in the first place. But I am sad to report that the email sent not only me, but several other families from our agency in to a down ward spiral. I thought "what? What is happening Lord, we have broken that strong hold in your name! You must abide by your Word, you cant be discredited...you promised that if we believe and stand firm in our faith, that what we pray will come to pass through the authority of your death and resurrection. I don't understand Lord, what did we miss?" Myself and several other prayer warriors were absolutely confused. However, after prayer last night and the new mercies of the Lord that are given every morning. I am humbled to share with you (it certainly was through our own strength) that my friend Jenifer and I spent the first hour of the morning quickly digging ourselves out of that pit through speaking and quoting the Word of God and we went on with our day. We both "considered not our bodies" and went on with our life. Not easy, but again, faith is a choice, and we both "fear" God enough to choose faith.

In the end, God has been victorious AGAIN! 3 more Birth Certificates issued today for our agency, thus, continued hope and blessings. What was so dark last night, turned in to joy today. And we are once again shown that brightness always over powers darkness. There is no end to light, but there is absolutely and end to darkness. Black is black, but light can get brighter and brighter, there is no end to illumination.

I heard the Lord say to me "Look up, eye's up, eye's up.....Look at me, don't look at the ground , look up!" I thought about different moments with my sons where I grabbed their faces and said "look at me...no look at me", and here my heavenly Father is saying the same thing. Just like Peter the disciple, I momentarily took my eye's of Christ....and He said "look at me, pay no attention to the rough waters, look at me". I am looking, the waters have calmed and no matter how rough they may "appear to get", I will keep my eye's on Him....his light is brighter, His waters are calmer, His ways are smoother.

Please DO NOT stop praying the prayers I posted previously regarding Mixo Civil Registry. I cant express enough the power that exists in intercessory prayer. I expect to be posting very good news in the days to come.

Blessings, and thank you for always checking in.

1 comment:

Pam L said...

Just checking in! Keep looking up and keep choosing joy! We'll all keep those Mixco Civil Registry workers in our prayers. Your day's coming!

Pam L from Indiana
Waiting for Nola