Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Be Still and Know

It's snowing AGAIN,it could be the boys 6th snow day tomorrow. As much as I am ready for summer, I love the glistening glitter of the snow when its only 16 degrees outside. The "crunch" of the snow rather than the "squish". I think of my sweet Bella girl who lives in "Eternal Spring" and wonder what she would think of this Winter Wonderland in her soon to be home town. The magic of snow....the wonder of it all. It really is pretty....however, I see myself at our family cottage laying on my beach chair with my siblings watching our children play in the sand and water, listening to Jimmy Buffet.....Ah, summer, LOVE IT!

One day closer to news of Bella's Birth Certificate. I know this to be true and I am speaking it right in to existence! I wanted to share something I read in a book I received from my Mother.

First, I encourage you to read 2 Chronicles 20. The story is about King Jehoshpahpt, he "sought the Lord for a strategy to defeat the enemies standing in the way of Judah's God given inheritance." He cried out to God and God answered him with these 5 instructions:

1. Let go of FEAR, its not your battle to win but The Lords.
2. Position yourself to meet the enemy head on
3. Stand still (Know that I AM) and see the salvation of God
4. Believe by faith that God would defeat the enemy
5. Believe the Word and the inheritance you have in His promises

So we know that "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God", but this definition of Faith really hit home for me. "Faith is that pause between knowing what God's plan is and seeing it actually take place". It's the pause.....that space in between seeing his Glory revealed.
I envision that moment that we see our daughter for the first time since we placed her back in the arms of her special Mother in September. And I realize that God has that day already perfectly designed. He knows the day, the time, the hour, the minute. He has it perfectly planned out for our delight, oh how magnificent it will be. He has every intention of that time being more amazing than we can ever think or dream of.

God loves to surprise us, what parent does not love to surprise their children? He loves to WOW his kids....I anticipate His Wow, and wonder...Will I fall to my knees? Will I burst out in tears, will I scream in delight? I don't know the physical response, but I can tell you one thing, I will PRAISE HIM! " For he has done this, and it is marvelous in our eye's".

I listen to many families in the adoption world, I read their posts on the Forum, their blogs, our phone conversations, and the one underlying factor in all of us is not the "fear" that our children will not come home, its the "fear" of the wait in getting them home. It's the physical time lapse that hurts adopting families the most. Our children are growing and we feel we are missing special moments, milestones. And although we are, we can take rest in knowing that through Him, we are together and no time will have lapsed. I know that through Him, our daughter knows us, she knows our voices, our touch, our smells. God can and will heal this time. He is bigger than time, my goodness, He created it! I also realize that God does not work in our earthly "physical" time, but in spiritual time. And in spiritual time, our prayers are all answered. This adoption is done, complete, final....and she is home. So I "speak as though it were", Bella is Home.

Take rest dear friend, God will "repair and replace the years the locust stole". And the glory of His plan will be more magnificent than you can ever imagine. Enjoy the journey....there is value in this waiting.

Blessings to all,

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Susie...Preach IT, Sister in Christ! Your post read like a sermon laid on your heart by Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is speaking to me through YOU! Thanks for taking the time to post this message. Your words are so eloquent! Thanks. I loved getting to visit. Cheri

Pineapple Princess said...

Thanks for asking how I am doing. I've been thinking about you, too!
I've been learning a lot during my 21 day fast...the most significant thing so far is that I must use PRAISE as a weapon to defeat the enemy. So I've got praise music going, going, going. I have to literally fight back with praise!

Praying with you,
Stacy

Gail said...

Susie,
I am so glad to finally know your name. Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for this wonderful post. I hope we are in Guate at the same time because I really want to meet you in person.
Gail