Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sweet Child O Mine!

Oh ya.....these our boys! Are they awesome or what?!!! I am so incredibly proud of Nate and Jake as well as their other band members Luke and Brian. They performed for their school last Thursday for the middle school and rocked them out. Nate is the guitarist (black hat with purplish shirt on) and Jake is the drummer. The boys actually performed the same song twice as the first performance was for "You Tube". The second performance was because the kids were screaming for more and the teachers approved. Nate and I worked on a mix of both those videos. They had way too much fun that day and so did I. I am one proud Mama.


12 comments:

Susie said...

Oh. my. goodness. You SHOULD be one proud mama! I had tears in my eyes listening to that--I'm beaming with pride too and they're not even my kids! Wow--I feel like I should get their autographs so I can say I saw them play before they became famous!

The Q family said...

I'm proud, and I'm not even their Mama! How awesome are they!?! They have got tons of talent and personality! Too fun!

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

Wow! They sound great. What talent...hope they keep up the good work. Maybe I'll see them on TV one day and say, "I read all about them growing up."

My Brian has such a skill for the piano, but just tinkers on it and won't take lessons....I wish he would.

Joanna said...

I love that song, and love it even more now that your boys are so TALENTED at playing it! Congratulations! You do have some amazing little men in your life. :)

Anonymous said...

Very talented!

nancy H said...

EEEEEEEEEYOW! Don't you know I'm just laughing and screaming watching the video. Jake! Is that really you back there going crazy on those drums? Nate, I've been watching you perform since you were under two. Congratulations Guys, And I was happy to see Sam make an appearance too. XO FOR NATE, XO for Sam and triple XOXOXO for Jake cause he likes that stuff so much. Gramma Nance

Stacy said...

So cool Susie! I sure wish we lived closer, Dylan loves to sing, he could help in that department and is taking guitar lessons! He'd love to have friends to do a jam session with!
Tell your guys they ROCK!!
~Stacy

Alisha said...

WOW ... they did amazing! Keep it up and they may be rock stars in the future!

Christina said...

AWESOME, AWESOME job guys. That brought tears to my eyes and they aren't even my kiddos. Keep up the great work guys.

Mary Ann said...

Wow! You have some talented boys! They did awesome!! Sounded great! I would have been so proud too if that were my boys!

Anonymous said...

Wow! No wonder they all were SCREAMING for More! You've raised some talented boys! One day, I'm sure they will be using their gift to further God's Kingdom!

In the future, we may be taking the youth Group to see Nate and Jake's band rather than Kutless! :)

Rock on Boys!

Mama Bear said...

Awesome and you should definitely be very proud indeed! Awesome boys.