Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crafty Fun and more






2 Weeks....that's all we have left for "Delayed Intensification" and were back to round 2 (60 days) of "Interim Maintenance" and then on too "Maintenance"! Wow, cant even believe that its been almost 6 months since diagnosis. We are constantly being asked with very sullen faces "how are you? How is it going"? I know people are truly concerned and care and honestly, they probably cant even imagine being in the same position as we are, but are answer is always...GREAT! Were really doing great, sure, Bella has had some dark days, not all the treatments are easy, but we have not had any admittance in to the hospital since last December and that is rare. We are living in the constant glory of God's living Word and promises and this little girl is HEALED! Around the middle of June, Bella will start about 16 months of "Maintenance" treatments which means we should only be at the clinic once a month rather than twice a week. :) We will also be changing her "broviach" to a port which is under the skin so that she can be in water. This will create just a slight poke for her when receiving treatments or having blood draws, but it far out weights the benefits of enjoying cottage life with her cousins. Can you imagine trying to keep an almost 2 year old out of the sand and beach all summer when its 10 feet from your back door? Not me, and I have no interest in doing it. Bella's mood is great when she has the 4 days off of the intervenious chemo I admit in to her port, but on the "on day's" she is rather moody and nauitious and struggles to keep anything in. She has had absolutly no effects from the oral chemo she is currently taking. Thursday she starts back up on the intervenious chemo for 4 days.

We did a few crafts with Bella this past week, playdough and stamping. I have not seen my stamps or stamp pads in about 7 years now, so it was wonderful to get out that old investment and watch Bella and the boys have fun with them. Bella absolutely loves playdough....I think she enjoys carrying the containers around just as much as she enjoys the playdough.

Spring Break starts Friday this week, we will be home as we cant travel at this time with Bella's treatment. Believing God for great Michigan weather! My Sammy had his spider dance at school today and the other two boys have the "Variety Show" at school on Thursday. Nate plays electric guitar and my Jake drums. Get this, they are playing "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns n Roses! They have a small band but no singer, I have volunteered my great vocals, but it was a resounding No! Bummer, I just no I can screetch with the best of them. I will be posting both videos this week, I am so proud of my boys.

Love to all,


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the new pictures...you guys are as busy as we are around here with spring stuff going on with all the kids!!!! Im glad all is well!!!

Praying always,leslie

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

She is just more and more adorable....praying with you for complete healing!! Y'all are such an amazing family.

Pineapple Princess said...

The Playdough mustache is a great look on Bella. We may have to try that one.
I always look forward to your posts. I have been know to shush whomever is around me when you post something new.

P.S. I've been praying for some divine appointments for you at work!

Joanna said...

I love your pics with the Playdough. I'm so proud of Bella. She's an amazing little girl. It's such a blessing to know she's doing great with the chemo.

Much Love,
Joanna

The gFamily said...

It makes me so happy that Bella is doing so well! What a blessing!! I love her Playdough mustache! What a great look for her! :)

I am bummed that you won't be singing Guns N Roses! I would have paid money to see that! ;)

Big hugs!!

Joe and Erin said...

You know .. they have an Aunt Erin who has some strong pipes. They should have called her ;-) Love ya! Joe

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for all the benefits with NONE of the side effects as Bella continues her treatment!

Don't worry, I can screech with the best of them as well. I always say, "The Word of God says to make a joyful NOISE. That's exactly what I do...make lots of noise!" :)

Loved all the pix! I just wanna pick Bella up and give her lots of lovin'! She's precious!

Mama Bear said...

It is great to see her feeling better and playing with play dough. LOVE all the picturesl

nikki said...

Great to see Bella enjoying the playdough. Playdough is so much fun except for the clean up :)

Praying that Bella continues to do so well and that the side effects are minamal!!

Happy to hear that her broviack will come out in time for summer. When they took mine out, I made them save it, and I still have it in a jar. Gross I know!!!

Gail said...

I believe you when you say you are "great." You KNOW who is in control so it has to make a difference.
Love the pictures of Bella!! Have a great Spring Break!!

Jaimee said...

That is sooo cute! I love the play dough mustache!!! It's so wonderful to see her having fun and on the road to recovery. I think and pray for you all often.

Alex and Sam said...

susie,
so glad to hear bella is handling the chemo so well, i love the new pics.. what a doll!!!

alex

Robyn said...

What adorable pics!! I am continuing the prayers!!

Unknown said...

glad to hear things are going so well. :) She's so beautiful.