Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Monday, April 6, 2009

Birthdays and update


Bella and her new Easter Basket....I think it's one size too big.


Susie and Jake

My Jacob celebrated his 12th birthday yesterday and I celebrated my 41st today. I don't feel 41 and my baby still feels like my baby even though he is twelve. God did promise that "my youth was renewed every day", so that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Bella continues to do well, she has a little cold and kindly passed it on to the rest of us. Last week she had an unexpected transfusion on Wednesday...the day after I had the stomach flu. It was a long day at the hospital, but today, her blood counts were great other than her ANC (absolute nutrifil count) which is to be expected from the chemo. So its a low key Spring Break for us as she is highly susceptible to catching germs. We do our part, God does the rest...its all good.

I placed a descent order last week from the "pretty lady" line at Gymboree and it came today. I am not a big Gymboree girl, Baby Luly is my favorite, but the Lady Bug line was all to perfect and PINK. It all came today and it was a wonderful birthday present. Cant wait to spend a morning trying the outfits on her. She was walking around the house this afternoon carrying them all around in her arms...that's my girl.

I hope to post tomorrow on something I heard about PRAYER this past weekend, it brought it all in to perspective for me and made praying so simple and perfect.

Hugs!!!





24 comments:

Jaimee said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! And, happy 12th to Jacob yesterday! Yay that Bella is feeling feeling better and on the Gymboree order coming. I love that our girls will wear what we want them to for now, although my Bela is starting to become opinionated on that too. LOL! Have a wonderful day, you deserve it!

Kelli said...

Happy birthday to you both! I'm not sure if I've commented before, but I added you a while back after finding you on the Riggs blog. God bless and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Kelli from ugottafriend.com

Pineapple Princess said...

Happy, happy birthday, my friend! So glad you were born!
Hope your day was wonderful!!

Happy 12th to Jake, too! Our boys are just a few days apart. I didn't realize that. Cool!

So happy to hear that Bella is feeling better.

Blessings,
Stacy

Jill said...

From one B-day girl to another..HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Glad to hear Miss Bella is doing better, and extra prayers for the cold you all are passing around!! Can't wait to see the Gymboree outfits!!
Hugs, Jill

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!! I am so glad Bella is doing well!! I am continuing the prayers for her!!

Jamie said...

I love that easter basket! And happy birthday to you both!

Sue Marvin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU....oh it just isn't as fun as singing on your phone and into Jake's ear. We love you guys and finally figured out how to join blogs. Now I can write to you....and love you another way. Have a blessed Easter.....

Amber Schmidt said...

Glad to know Bella has her priorities straight! LOL Our DD RUNS to the door every time she hears me coming with bags and squeaks... "For me?" Yes dear... they are all for you! LOL

Alex and Sam said...

happy birthday to both of you!!!! glad to hear bella is feeling better.. enjoy bella's new clothes

alex

Vanessa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you!!

Cheri said...

I hope you got my birthday wish on FB. I thought of you. I hope we can chat today. I miss our visits! Love, Cheri

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Happy birthday! its not possible to have too big of a basket with all the good junk food that can be put in it, or just healthy eggs! Hope you both had great birthdayS

Jack said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! Glad to hear Bella is doing well, she is just adorable! We always keep you in our prayers!!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Happy late birthday Susie!!! I hope you had the greatest day....you definitely deserve it!! Can't wait to see those cute outfits on Bella.

Anonymous said...

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday...God bless you and Handsome young Jaaaake.. Happy Birthday to you!"

Don't worry..I'll keep my day job! :)

April's just full of birthdays, my mothers was on the 3rd, my sister in laws on the 4th. Now you and Jake. Wow, it's a good thing I don't buy presents! LOL

Hope(expect) you both have very blessed days! Cause I know you will!

Dana

nikki said...

Happy Birthday to you both!!!
Happy to hear Bella continues to do well!!!
Please post pictures of Bell's new clothes and do a fashion show!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son and you!!!

OHHh some Gymbo lines i have to have and LOVE!

Hugs,leslie

The M. Herndon Family said...

I never thought of that...buying clothes for Miranda for my birthday! It would definitely be a treat for me!
Can't wait to see pics of Bella with her new clothes on!!

Gail said...

Hope you and Jake had wonderful birthdays!!! Glad Bella continues to do well. I got Johanna one outfit from the Ladybug line. I wish it would warm up enough to wear it.
Gail

Mama Bear said...

Happy birthday to you both and I kind of think I sure wouldn't have minded that size of an Easter Basket when I was Bella's age!!!!!!

Heather said...

Bella looks great ... as do you.Happy belated day to you.So glad things are moving along,with little or no bumps along the way.These children amaze and inspire me daily.A dark and unexpected journey that has managed to bring light and hope and more importantly,a deeper faith and knowledge that we are not alone on the walk.He continues to lead.Prayers for Miss Bella.

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Happy birthday to both of you!! Baby Lulu was my favorite when my girls were little - very sweet! Have fun having a fashion show with the new Gymboree goodies :)

The gFamily said...

Happy birthday to you and Jake!! You look so young!! You go girl!! :)

Can't wait to see the new clothes on Bella!!

David and Marianne said...

Happy Birthday! We continue to pray along with you for complete healing.

Great pic of you and your 12 yr. old baby!