Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Monday, June 23, 2008

8 weeks ago today


This is the moment 8 weeks ago when we picked up Bella for the first time in 8 months!


Embassy Day! Legally ours!


Jenifer, myself, Bella and Ana. At the airport waiting for Stacy and Anaya. Let me just say I am so happy to have this picture. Jenifer was an absolute blessing to me during the adoption process. We were on the wait list together with AGCI, and received our referrals 2.5 months apart. However, our girls came home 3 weeks apart.

Fianlly, were all home!


Ana and Bella, waiting for Anaya.


Bella loves to ride in the buggy coop behind my bike, but she does not like her Princess Helmet!


This is what happens when your 11 year old gets a hold of your camera. I uploaded my photos and found about 20 of these pictures of Jake. No, he does not have wirey orange hair, he has on a clown wig.

8 weeks ago today, we picked Bella up from the Orphanage, Hannah's Hope. How can it be that 8 weeks have passed? While waiting to bring Bella home, days seemed eternal, and now, life goes by at lightening speed. Bella continues to thrive, I call her by "chunkalicious". She is really appearing to be adjusted and we are seeing more and more of her sweet personality with a little "attitude". She is still not crawling and literally had what I would call a "baby tantrum" tonight when we laid her on the floor for "tummy time". She prefers to be held or siting up on the floor. Not my work out girl right now. She can swivel and back up really good, but moving forward and on all 4's is not something she has any interest in. Not anxious for her to grow up too quickly, so I am ok with it.

It was an exciting week as we welcomed home the Vanderzwagg's who also had a child at Hannah's Hope. Stacy, Jenifer and I were all in process together. IT was fun to have the girls together again. So curious what was racing through their little minds...did they recognize each other and think "hey, what are you doing here"? Welcome home Vanderzwagg's, we are praising God with you for your return.

Other than that, our week was relatively quiet. My body seems to think it just physically had a baby...ah NO! But I sure feel like it. Working on those things and thanking God that "my youth is renewed everyday". He said it, so I'm believing it! Also, after seeing pics of my self recently, I have decided I am DONE with growing the hair out. New baby, new look. Hoping to get that done this week.

As for sweet Eliana, she is doing GREAT! She has been reunited with her parents in Guatemala. Thank you for your prayers for this sweet girl. Nothing about adoption is easy, and having your child be sick and miles away is heart wrenching. All is well, God is good.

Thanks for checking in, God Bless, Susie

8 comments:

Cheri said...

SO GLAD FOR THE UPDATE!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE 8 WEEKS AGO WE WERE TOGETHER. OUR TIME WAS EVEN MORE SPECIAL SHARING IT ALL WITH YOU, DAVE AND BELLA! WISHING I WERE WITH MY FRINED IN MICHIGAN. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR NEW LOOK! LOVE.

Vanessa said...

Time really does fly by once our little ones come home!! Bella is such a cutie! I'm aslo glad to hear she's doing well!
HUGS
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com

Pam L said...

Oh, I loved looking at the pictures (even the orange hair)! I know the time does go by so quickly, but I'm sure you're cherishing every minute. Happy eight week anniversary Bella!

demp5 said...

Can you even believe how fast the time goes once we are home? Everyone said that it would be like this, but . . . It looks like y'all are really enjoying your summer. Thanks for staying in touch!
Blessings~
Meghan

One Busy Momma said...

Congratulations on your 1st two months!!!!!
Glad that Bella is doing so well!!!

Love the orange hair on your son!! Great bribe pictures for later! Especially when he brings home a date!!!

Denise

Courtney said...

WOW........8 weeks already. Boy how time flys...... Bella is just adorable. courtney

The gFamily said...

Bella can join the "girls against crawling forward" club that Gillian has formed! :) I am no hurry either, though! :)

Bella is so adorable, and I am so glad she has been home for 8 weeks!!

Gail said...

Hasn't it been a wonderful 8 weeks!!!
Who is this Jennifer with Ana? Does she have a blog? I freaked when I saw the picture. That Ana looks just like my Johanna whose birth name was Ana. If I didn't have her home already I would swear someone else is adopting her.