Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Friday, June 13, 2008

It's all about the BLING!

Its all fun and games until someday gets "pierced".


Marking the piercing


Ah....what are you doing?



Before the pinch




Hugs from Mommy....Oh the sadness, it was VERY short lived.



Happy as a clam and glamoring it up!

Big Day for the little Princessa! Piercing a baby's ears is can be controversy, but for this Mama of 3 boys, it was a must. She really did great, only cried for maybe 2 minutes and then was smiling at everyone...especially her brothers who went with us. She has completely forgotten all this took place today, does not even fiddle with her ears. I just looked in at her "blingy" little self sound asleep in her lady bug bed. Enjoying every breathing moment with this little girl. She is so much fun and as you can see from her faces, makes me laugh all day long.

7 comments:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to pierce Eliana's ears!!!!

Stacy said...

Hey Susie,
Love the bling! That is my goal here in the next few days, to get Anaya's ears pierced!! How funny~we certainly do have a lot in common!!
Stacy

The gFamily said...

I am so glad you left me your blog address! I have had so much fun reading your story! I laughed and cried and just really enjoyed it! What a beautiful family and your little princess is BEAUTIFUL! God is SO, SO good!!!

So fun that you pierced her ears! I would like to pierce Gilli's, but I will have to convince dad first! :)

David and Marianne said...

Wow.. just found your blog... LOVE it... what a precious gift from the LORD, your little Bella!! I have enjoyed reading about your journey!

Thank you for all your sweet comments and encouragement on my blog! And congratulations to you too... she looks like she fits PERFECTLY into your beautiful family : )

One Busy Momma said...

Yea!!!!! Congrats on the pierced ears!!!!!! I just LOVE little girls with earrings!!!

She's just soo cute!

Denise

Robyn said...

How adorable!! I wish I had got Gabriella's ears pierced when she was younger.

Robyn

Laurie said...

Bella is just beautiful and quite glamorous in her new earrings! I am kicking myself for not having my Bella's ears pierced looooong ago. I want to do it and she mentions it, but I think at 3, I have missed my window of opportunity for a few years!