Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Monday, May 5, 2008

She's Home



Our daughter is home! A few moments ago, I sat in the rocking chair in her room and watched her sleep. I looked around the room and I remembered the countless days and nights I would walk in her room and long to have her home. The many days I would walk by her bedroom and shut her bedroom door because it just hurt too much to see it, and tonight, she sleeps in it. They say that you forget the pain of the wait, it seems now that no time has passed, but I am very well aware of the months I missed in her infancy, and wish too not miss a moment now. I rely on God's promise that he will "repair and replace" the time lost, and I already have evidence of that promise fulfilled. She is a precious little girl.

It was like Christmas morning here today. I awoke at 6 am to her cry, and when I got in her room Jake (10) and Sam (8) were standing at her bedside with her in Jake's arms. I just know they were standing over her bed watching her sleep. IT was a day of the boys wanting to do everything all at once with her, a fight over who could hold her. Even the dog is in on action and about took the neighbor out when approaching Bella today, so protective already.

The Princess cries, so I'm off! FYI, we lost our cable for the camera, so these photos are from my sons camera. Taking care of that issue tomorrow!

Susie

3 comments:

PS said...

There is no doubt that Bella will be so well taken care of by her brothers! Soon she will be "summoning" them with her own precious voice, knowing she can depend on them to rescue her on a moment's call. Praising God for you, today, that your waiting is over and your life united as a family has begun! Love, love, love, Pam

Mary Ann said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations and welcome home!!! She is just precious!

Gail said...

Congratulations Susie and family!!!
Gail