Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hurting Heart

A day for tough news, but the toughest for me is to hear the loss of a child for Steven Curtis Chapman. He has been such an inspiration to me through his music as well as his heart for adoption. I just heard on the news that his 5 year old adopted daughter from China was accidentally hit by a car today, their 15 year old was backing out of the drive way and did not see her. So many things in life are hard to make sense of, this is one of them. This is a man of unshakable faith. Please lift him up this evening as well as his family. I know my God and He will see them through this and provide them with "peace that is beyond understanding", but for this moment, I am hurting for this family, yet rejoicing that his little one was immediately scooped up in to the arms of her heavenly Father. Lord, "I will lean not on my own understanding".

Suddenly, all the little idiosyncrasies of the day, or things I fretted over or was thinking of for tomorrow seem mindless (and they were, worry or fret is never Christ like). And all I can seem to do is stand over my children as they sleep...tears streaming down my face and pleading His blood over their lives. I just cant fathom the pain. 4 dreaming children....this weekend takes on new meaning as I am quickly and abruptly reminded how precious and fragile life is, yet I will believe His Word and trust in Him. Bella is a constant reminder of the power in His alive and very active Word. Lord, I know you will make good of this tragedy, may you give all of us discernment and mercy as to how to pray for the Chapman's as well as all the waiting families in Guatemala.

No comments: