Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Break Photos!












So we spent 5 days in St Louis with my sister and brother-in-law! It was so great to get away with the boys and just enjoy them and my sister. The first set of photos were taken at the St Louis City Museum...this place was amazing! The museum is actually a play ground for childrens imaginations. It was loaded with caves, tunnels, climbing structures, tiny holes and crevasses, Dave and I went through every one of them and I do believe we were the only adults participating. 40 means nothing to us, we are always children at heart! However, my knees are not what I remember them being when I was a kid. It never hurt to crawl around on the floor. The beautiful girl in the photos with glasses is my sister, my only biological sister, I have 2 very special sister-in-laws....I love this girl, we are 9 years apart and have yet to have any fights. I am incredibly proud of her. She is a Professor of Psychology at Webster University and married to best brother-in-law I could have ever asked for. The boys also went to a Hockey Game and Baseball game while enjoyed power walks in the park with Mary and shopping.

I called the Lab today, they still did not have our DNA on record yet, but they said it most likely arrived this morning in which case, it was not in the system yet. Although we are VERY anxious and excited to get to Guat to be our Bella, we know God has a perfect day planned and we continue to submit ourselves to his plan and time. Cant wait to see when that is! We do expect to travel sometime between April 23-25. Dave and I would like to leave about 3-5 days before our Embassy Apt to spend much needed one on one time with Bella and tour her beautiful country. While in Guat, we anticipate meeting many of my blogging buddies including Stacy, Cheri and Meghan as they will be there at the same time. Very excited about that as well. I know I say it all the time, but I am so grateful for all the wonderful people God has put in our life during this journey. Such a blessing.

My friend Jenifer visited our Orphanage again today and promised me more photos tonight of Bella. Although I am hopeful that we get those, I am truly happy for her that her adoption journey is over and their new life as a family of 5 begins. Jenifer is one of several families caught up in the Mixco CR mess....4 months of waiting! Their sweet Ana is adjusting beautifully and they are having a wonderful time in Guat. So tomorrow, I hope to post a new photo of Bella along with news of our DNA being at the lab.

Blessings friends

1 comment:

Cheri said...

OUR SWEET BELLA IS SO CUTE! JUST PRECIOUS. I can't wait to hold her and hug her and let her meet her new buddy, Malaena-Sloan. Love, Cheri