Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Friday, April 11, 2008

How easy it is......

How very easy it is to get off track when things are good. Life gets busy, things are moving, and with out even noticing....you can forget to check in with God on a daily basis.

I have learned so very much on this journey of adoption over the last 2 years, and have grown so very close to my God. I have come to trust His promises, speak His Word, but most importantly, I have learned to trust Him and through that, know His peace. The journey has not been easy, the sacrifice great, but the dance with God has been amazing and worth it all. And I know that I know, that when we finally hold this sweet lady bug in our arms, that we will experience His perfection. We truly already have.

Yesterday and today, I gave in to my flesh and called the lab to check on the status of our DNA being processed. Both days I was told that it was not there yet, and today, I was told by the lab that the DNA was not drawn until the 10th, yesterday. It was to be done on the 8th. Now in the big picture, we are only talking about a couple days....but I "allowed" it to get the best of me and it immediately effected my mood. An hour later, I realized that I was out of His peace because I put my trust in my self (my info, my ways, my time) and not in Him. BIG MISTAKE! So not worth it. I never called PGN once to find out where we stood, I just trusted Him. I never called our agency while waiting for our BC, I trusted Him. And today, I had a moment of weakness and trusted myself...and got NOTHING! Note to self, "trust the Lord...for He has plans to prosper me and not harm me", but the enemy, "he roams like a lion looking to kill, steal and destroy" and if you allow him in, he will run wild with you. Despite my busy life, I need to remember that I must always keep myself in His Word, for the consequence is to great in my life and He wants more for me.

So tonight, I regroup, and remember that this journey is custom made by God...and He will absolutely NOT be late! I stand in His promise and still believe that "today is the day for our Embassy Appointment", in Him "all things are possible"! Cant wait to see the great news God delivers next week, but it will not be from me "checking up on Him".

Blessings to all, Susie


4 comments:

Cheri said...

Note to myself through your lesson learned....I'll try not to check up on HIM either. Your testimony tonight was inspirational. I'm in the single digits to have Malaena-Sloan in my arms forever. You are getting Bella when I get my girl! Cheri

Pam L said...

Well said! I will try to follow your lead! I know God is in control and so far, my checking up on Him hasn't worked too well for me either!

The Jeltema's said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. This morning I woke up early in anticipation of our interview and started right into my day. I opened up your blog and read it, stopped what I was doing, grabbed my bible and went and spent some time with the one who created this day. Thank you, God used you this morning. I just love your heart so much.

Candy said...

Ok so you TOTALLY KNOW HOW I FEEL..I was told MONDAY...then WED for SURE and it was not done until FRIDAY...What LAB are you using? Oh girl are you staying at the Marriott for pick up??? We are going to have to talk this week...HUGS