Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Thursday, October 15, 2009

BOO!


Well, as you can see Halloween is in full force at our house! This is Jake's mask for his halloween costume, its almost as big as Bella! Bella had chemo and spinal tap today, she's doing great...steroids start tomorrow for 5 days, believing her personality will not be altered. All is well, were busy with football, Theatre and planning for our first Halloween Road Rally next weekend. Bella is talking up a storm, in fact, when in her own surroundings, she does not stop. Her personal favorite "please......" and ending it with Mama, Dada, etc. Makes it real hard to not give in. She loves playing with her dolls, doll house, Dora characters and playing "work" with Mommy's pens and paper. I reached my goal of running 6 miles and will be running a 10k next Saturday morning before our party. Believing all is gloriously wonderful in Him for all of you. Blessings!


8 comments:

Bobbie said...

I was so touched by your story. I will add Bella to my prayers. She is a beautiful child and obviously an enormous blessing to your family.

Best Wishes,
Bobbie Doyle
www.teamdoyle.blogspot.com

Pineapple Princess said...

So happy to see your update! I was just thinking about your party last year. You house looked amazing! You'll have to post pics from this year's party!!

Give Bella a kiss from me! :)

Mama Bear said...

Now that's one scary mask!!! What a busy time. So happy to hear of the updates on that sweet gorgeous little girl.

Mary Ann said...

I can't wait to see pictures! You guys always have an awesome bash! How you guys doing? It been a long time since I was able to read blogs! My hats and tutu's are keeping me very busy! But I am not complaining! I can't believe how big your oldest son has gotten since I had seen his last picture! They grown up fast don't they! U still running? How much are you up to at a time? I am running 2 1/2 m. now. Never thought I would get there! Its in my blood now so I have to run at least 5 times a week or I don't funtion!;0) Stop by and say hi on my blog sometime! What a cute little nephew you have! Congrats to you all! Blessings!!!!!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I am so happy to see an update, can't wait to hear about your awesome party!

Gardenia said...

glad to see your update. miss hearing about Bella and your family. she is a trooper and on my prayer list. that skull is quite scary. and it does take up her whole upper body!!

Jaimee said...

Yay! Good to see an update from you! Love the mask, so scary. And, way to go on the 6 miles!!! That's awesome! Also, so glad to hear how much Bela is talking...she really is super-girl!

Alisha said...

Happy (Early) Halloween!