Our life is nothing short of an adventure...

Wind in our hair and screams of delight but also unpredictable turns and unknown outcomes. We are a family of six; Dave, Susie, Nate, Jake, Sam, and Bella.

God has been faithful in our marriage and through the birth and blessings of our boys.

God has been faithful during our adoption journey and united Bella with us in May of 2008. We were privileged to visit with Bella's birth mother; therefore, Bella's family in Guatemala will always be dear to our hearts.

On October 16, 2008, Bella was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. We are now battling the disease with 2 years and 3 months of treatment. We believe God will continue to be faithful!

Our family is committed to living life to the fullest...even on the hard days. Thank you for checking in and journeying with us!


Tuesday, August 5, 2008

3 Months and Praising!







Wow!!!! Bella has been home 3 months on August 3rd. May 3rd, we landed from Guatemala in to Houston, TX and at that moment of the planes wheels touching the ground...she became a US Citizen. My heart still swells thinking of that moment. I cried that entire trip home that day...cried tears of joy and praise, for all God had done, for he "brought to completion that which he started", just has He promised. Today, Bella is thriving in her new home, glorifying God just by her very presence. In 4 weeks time, she has learned to crawl on all 4's, stand up and sit down, cruise along furniture, broke in 4 new teeth (she broke the first 2 the first week home), plays peekaboo with her little hands over her face, does so big, say's Dada, turns the pages of books, and gives us the biggest grin every time we say "Hola Chica" when approaching her in her crib. She has such a quiet sweet personality, but definitely displays a little "latin passion" when she gets beside her self. She loves her boys....and I admit, I am getting concerned for both of us when they return to school in 4 weeks. She just does not know how to live her daily life with out one of them picking her up, reading her books, playing with her, throwing her in the air, pushing her in her swing, etc. Birth Mom told us she chose us because of "the boys", she wanted her to be the only girl. She loved her own brothers and the attention she was given by them and wanted the same for her daughter. I hope to be able to share with her that her dream for Bella has come true.

It's been a wonderful 3 months, and a very challenging 3 months. The transition alone from 3 school aged children to having a new baby was enough, but we have had several other issues at hand. I remember the first week home, I thought to myself, "Lord, I just want a break". I wanted a break from the battle. The adoption was a 2 year process and although spiritually wonderful, it was draining. I have quickly found out through several attacks from the devil that there are NEVER any breaks....taking a break only opens the door for the devil to step in. We are going to get through our challenges, the Lord always has and always will see us through, but please do keep our us in your prayers. I know God will use all of this for good.

Many blessings to all of you, and thanks for checking in.

Susie

17 comments:

Robyn said...

Beautiful pics!! I am praying for you!!

Robyn

Pineapple Princess said...

So beautiful! I especially love the piggy toes picture! How did she hold still for her pedicure?

Yes, praying! We busy, busy mamas DO need at least a little down time to keep us energized. I hear you!

XO,
Stacy

Susie said...

That baby girl just keeps getting more and more beautiful. What a wonderful blessing to have her home for 3 months. Seems like yesterday doesn't it?

I do love her painted toes--good job mama!

Let's all pray for each other that we can find some quiet time to relax, reflect, and pray everyday. I think we need it more now than ever.

Joe and Erin said...

Susie, Bella is wonderful! I am so happy for you :)

Erin

Mary Ann said...

Awe such cute pictures! She is a little baby doll! What picture program are you using that is really cool.

David and Marianne said...

Sweet, sweet pictures... especially the toes : ) I love hearing other adoption stories and adjustments! Praising God for the community He's given us through adoption!

Pam L said...

Oh, I love the pics! And enjoyed reading your post. What a wonderful story you will have to tell Bella about her birth mother. We have no way of knowing what struggles our children my face about their adoptions in the future, but that is something she can know and always keep in her heart.....you were specificly chosen to be her forever family.
Absolutely Wonderful!
I'll keep you in my prayers!

Courtney said...

Loving her pedicure. Too cute. I love Stella's painted toes. Happy months home. Love the sweet pictures. I have a mama's girl too. Courtney

Jaime said...

Love the photo's!!! The lil piggy photo is too cute!

Momma said...

Susie,

Love the pics. She is just so beautiful. I am so happy to hear that all is going so well for you and the family.
Cant wait to bring my girl home.
I enjoy reading your blog. Its wonderful to see such a close knit family. A strong family bond is such a blessing.
Take Care my friend,
Angie

Cheri said...

Words can't express how these pictures made me feel! I feel the same emotions....WOW! What a wild ride! Knowing you made my experience even more special....ready to come to Michigan! I miss you. I love you. Call me tomorrow if you have time. Love.

Pineapple Princess said...

You win!
Check my blog.

Stacy

Cheri said...

You knew you'd be one of my winners...look at my blog!

The gFamily said...

WOW, those are BEAUTIFUL pics of sweet Bella! I just love those eyes! So glad you have had her home 3 months! She looks like she is doing great!!

Praying for you! We serve a mighty God who hears our prayers!

Mary Ann said...

Go claim your award over on my blog!

Carla said...

Love the pics. They are gorgeous! But then, you can't go wrong with a face like that.

Jenne said...

Love these pics of Bella! She's a beauty!

Jenne